Galapagos Natural Life
- Pick up from your Hotel in Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island.
- Boarding Time at 07:00 am.
- Sailing time from Santa Cruz to Isabela Island.
- Arrival to Villamil Port in Isabela Island at 09:00 am. aprpoximately.
- Visit the Wetlands
- Visit the Flamingos Lake
- Visit the Tortoise Breeding Center
- Snorkeling in Tintoreras (45 minutes)
- Return to Santa Cruz at 15:00 pm
- Arrival to Santa Cruz at 17:00 pm approximately.
- Transfer to your Hotel
- Briefing for next day activities
Places to Visit:
- Wetlands: The Wetlands of Isabela Island are located just outside of Puerto Villamil. The Wetlands consist of lagoons, swamps, and mangroves and are home to a variety of unique bird species such as common stilts, whimbrels, white-cheeked pintails, and gallinules. The Wetlands can be visited on foot via a path that winds through the swamps.
- Flamingo Lake: To the west of Puerto Villamil there are various salt and brackish lagoons which house an impressive variety of coastal and sea birds. Here, visitors can also find the largest concentration of flamingos in Galapagos.
- Arnaldo Tupiza Breeding Center: The Tortoise Breeding Center (also known as the Interpretation Center) is located nearby Puerto Villamil. A boardwalk connects the town to the Center, stretching across the wetlands and Prickly Pear Cacti shrub. Five sub-species of the Giant Tortoise exist on the island, yet their populations are threatened by introduced animals such as goats and cats. At the Tortoise Breeding Center, eggs are nursed in a hatchery and the giant tortoise adults are observed in supervised corrals. The Center aims to increase the population and secure the survival of these species.
- Tintoreras: The Tintoreras Islets, located a short distance from Puerto Villamil, is home to a great variety of wildlife. Its turquoise, crystalline waters are inhabited by white-tipped reef sharks, Galapagos penguins, marine turtles and sea lions. One of its beaches, surrounded by mangroves is one of the few sites where marine iguanas can reproduce successfully.
- Animals to see: Giant tortoises, flamingos, terrestrial iguanas, white fin sharks, sea lions, reef fish.
- Activities: Trekking and Snorkeling
- What do you bring: Sunscream, Repellent, Light clothing, Binoculars, Camera, swimsuit.
- Include: Professional bilingual guide, Transport, Lunch,Snack, Water and Snorkeling Equipment.
- Not Included: Isabela Fee $10,Dinner, Tips and Additional Expenses.
- We can't guarantee that you will see all the animals, since they are in wildlife.
Quito - Ecuador - South America
Enjoy Ecuador with Galapagos Natural Life