Galapagos Natural Life
Tourist Superior - Yachts Galapagos
NEMO I CATAMARAN
Day 1 – Monday
Arrival at Baltra Airport & North Seymour
After the arriving obligations, your guide will take you to the Yacht.
In the afternoon the cruise starts with the exploration of North Seymour, where luckily today are some Galapagos land iguana. Beside that, you can spot lots of seabirds, such as brown-pelicans, red billed troppicbirds or frigatebirds.
Day 2 – Tuesday
Darwin Bay & Princ Philip's Steps (Genovesa)
The so called Darwin Bay, located by a partly collapsed and submerged caldera of a submarine volcano, shows the extreme varied coastal ecosystems of Galapagos in miniatur. In the trail some Galapagos sea lions or Herons are waiting to be seen by you. As well as impressive frigatebrids or Galapagos mockingbirds.
After landing at Prince Philip's Steps you have to hike and overcome the stairs from the landing dock to a bush of palo santo shrubs on top. There you find the real spectactle of nesting Galapagos fur seals and other seabirds.
Provided a wide view you might be lucky to see a colony of Nazca boobies or the short-eared owl.
Day 3 – Wednesday
Bartolome & Chinese Hat
The Summit Trail of Bartolome is ideal to witness how scanty pioneer vegetation such as lava cactus is struggling to take root in the bare virgin lava fields.
Underwater, an other, completely distinctive world opens up to you, resembling a tropical aquarium. Its shallow, clear and warm waters are ideally for snorkeling between coral-grinding parrot fishes, shoals of surgeonfishes, harmless whitetip reef sharks and Pacific green turtles. If you are lucky you can even catch the sight of fishing Galapagos penguins.
Also at Chinese hat you can witness
how this barren islet gets colonized by pioneer species and begins to sprout. All together create favourable options for newcomers, like saltbush or marine iguanas as wella as sea lions.
Day 4 – Thursday
Highlands: El Chato Reserve
Santa Cruz offers excellent opportunities for viewing wild Galapagos giant tortoises, roaming through pastures in the agricultural zone and in the transition zone of El Chato Tortoise Reserve. You will certainly also appreciate the native scalesia forest, overgrown with lichens, ferns, and other epiphytes; plus chances to spot endemic Darwin’s finches, vermilion flycatchers, yellow warblers, and less common birds like short-eared owls, Galapagos rails and paint-billed crakes.
Assisted by the naturalist guide and some crew members the dinghy will bring you and your luggage to Baltra, where we take the airport shuttle. Your guide will accompany you until the check-in counters in the departure hall.
• All meals (breakfast - lunch - dinner) water with meals.
• Accommodation in double cabins.
• Transfers from the airport to the yacht and vice versa in Galapagos.
• Excursions in the islands with English Speaking Naturalist Guide.
• Air ticket
Rate does not include:
• Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee: USD 100.00 per person
• Migratory Control Card: USD 20.00 per person
• Ecogal Tax: USD 10.00 per person
• Soft drinks and alcoholics beverages.
• Snorkelling equipment for rent on board.
• Rates per person in U.S. Dollars
• Single occupancy supplement 80% or 100%
• The route of the ship and the itinerary are subject to change and can vary depending on the regulations and policies of the Galapagos National Park, weather, seasonal changes, safety, etc.
Quito - Ecuador - South America