Galapagos Natural Life
North Seymour Island & Bachas Beach
- Pick up from your Hotel in Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island.
- Departure Time at 08:00 am.
- Transfer from Ayora Port to Itabaca Channel. (45 minutes)
- Sailing time from Itabaca Channel to North Seymour Island. (1 hour)
- Arrival to North Seymour Island at 09:45 am. aprpoximately.
- 2 Hours of hiking in North Seymour Island
- Snorkeling in Bachas Beach
- Return to Santa Cruz at 14:15 pm
- Arrival to Santa Cruz at 16:00 pm approximately.
- Transfer to your Hotel
- Briefing for next day activities
Places to Visit:
- North Seymour Island: Named after the English noble Lord Hugh Seymour. It has an area of 1.9 km² and a maximum altitude of 28 meters. The whole island is covered with dense and dense vegetation, and has a trail for visitors of approximately 2 km in length that crosses the island's path and allows you to explore the rocky coast. On this island there is a large population of blue-footed boobies and swallow-tailed gulls. There are also countless land iguanas, which were introduced from Baltra Island, and which served to repopulate the island with this species. It is also possible to observe a large number of frigates and sea lions with their young.
- Bachas Beach: The beach is full of characteristic Galapagos species such as flamingos, Sally Lightfoot crabs, as well as migratory and aquatic birds. It is also one of the main nesting sites for sea turtles on Santa Cruz Island.
- Animals to see: Blue footed boobies, royal frigate, gull forked tail land iguanas, sea lions, reef fish, sea turtle.
- Activities: Trekking and Snorkeling
- What do you bring: Sunscream, Repellent, Light clothing, Binoculars, Camera, swimsuit.
- Include: Professional bilingual guide, Transport, Lunch,Snack, Water and Snorkeling Equipment.
- Not Included: Dinner, Tips and Additional Expenses.
- We can't guarantee that you will see all the animals, since they are in wildlife.
Quito - Ecuador - South America
Enjoy Ecuador with Galapagos Natural Life